The Advanced Placement (AP) program at Coronado High School offers a number of challenging, interesting and relevant courses for students in 2016-17. AP can change your life. Through college-level AP courses, you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
With 17 different courses at Coronado, AP offers something for everyone. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
· Get a head start on college-level work.
· Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
· Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
· Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
· Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
· Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
· Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
· Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
· Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself
|Current AP Courses taught at Coronado 2016-17|||
AP Physics C: Mechanics
AP United States History
AP United States Government and Politics
AP English Language and Composition
AP English Literature and Composition
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Spanish Language
AP French Language
AP Studio Art (Drawing, 2D, 3D)
AP Exam Schedule
AP Exam Information Letter
AP Exam Online Registration